The next annual French Robot Cup has arrived !! A lot of development has been going on for over several months, lots and lots of line of code have been written and debugged. It’s now time to show the world what we’ve done : [name placeholder ;)].
The robot is capable of :
- Knowing the relative position of the opponent’s robot and acting accordingly. For the time being, the robot stops itself when the other robot is too close.
- Creating complex movements : it can turn in any direction, go forward and backward from 3mm up to several meters. It can also move in polar coordinates (this gives the robot the ability to do curved trajectories).
- Finding its way through the terrain : the path-finding allows the robot to use several way-points to arrive to its destination. This way, we’re sure to avoid every fix or dynamic object.
- Estimating its position by using odometry.
- Detecting the contrast of nearby objects (up to 7cm), in this case the white or black corns.
- And many other things 😉
A photo of the robot almost finished :
And here to see the teams that will compete with us this year.
See you in La Ferté-Bernard !!